Planet Footprint Regional Workshops
Friday, 14 June 2013
Planet Footprint has been busy recently hosting a number of successful workshops throughout Australia. To date we have visited Tasmania, Western Sydney, Shoalhaven and the Illawarra in Southern NSW, Melbourne, Ararat and South Australia.
Regional visits provide an opportunity for Planet Footprint subscribers to share experiences and learn about what other Councils are doing to better manage and improve environmental performance and reduce costs. Planet Footprint collects performance data and project information from over 180 Councils across Australia and draws on this data to present regional and national trends in energy performance and discuss actions and strategies taken by other Councils that are relevant to your region. It is also a great opportunity for you to meet with other like minded Councils within the Planet Footprint network to discuss regional issues, learn from each others’ successes, share your own experiences and benefit generally from the combined knowledge of people with the same objective as you.
Attending a Planet Footprint regional visit will give you the opportunity to:
- Understand trends in water and energy performance and improvement measures for Local Government
- Meet and learn from other Planet Footprint subscribers and share your experiences in environmental and energy practices
- Gain knowledge about how best to utilise and achieve outcomes from your Planet Footprint subscription
What will be covered?
- Regional performance trends in energy and water use, costs and emissions
- Projects and measures undertaken by other Councils
- Tools and techniques—how to get the most out of your Planet Footprint service
Who should attend?
Council can nominate up to 2 staff to attend the regional meeting. This may include:
- Planet Footprint key contacts
- Sustainability and environment managers and officers
- Asset and facility managers
- Any council staff with a keen interest in energy management
Places are available for up to two staff free of charge.
How to register?
All Planet Footprint subscribers will be contacted with all relevant details when a regional visit is to be conducted in your area. To register your attendance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmed names and position titles of each attendee from your organisation.
Upcoming Regional Workshops
South East Inland NSW
Down at the Depot webinar and fact sheet
Tuesday, 18 December 2012
Planet Footprint tracks over 170 depots in Australia and is in a unique position to present case studies of councils who are achieving energy savings at their depots. In October 2012, Planet Footprint hosted a webinar for subscribers - Down at the Depot -highlighting the challenges and a number of solutions in achieving energy and water savings at council depots. Three councils presented case studies; Mackay Council Paget Depot, Shoalhaven Mechanical Services and Eurobodalla Council. Their achievements range from 'simple' behavioural change to the design of a new, energy efficient depot precinct. If you are a Planet Footprint subscriber you can listen to a recording of the webinar by clicking on the link above. You can also read the fact sheet that was produced after the webinar, which discusses a range of potential energy savings and presents the three case studies.